Invitation to the Protest against the Canadian Seal Slaughter March 15, 2008
Every year Canada slaughters more than 300,000 seal pups for the fur market demands. With hakapiks and guns so called hunters club or shot seal pups to death, some only two weeks young. Even worse is that in their aspiration to be more effective, often the sealers skin seals alive!
The killing of animals for fur is a global issue, because animal suffering doesn't know boundaries or borders. Therefore Croatia, Belgium, The Netherlands, Slovenia, Mexico, and the United States banned the import of seal skin and seal products.
Urging other countries of the European Union to as soon as possible implement this ban, Animal Friends invite to a
which will take place
IN ZAGREB, ON MARCH 15, 2008
WITH THE BEGINNING AT 11 A.M.
GATHERING POINT: King Tomislav Sqaure
ROUTE: King Tomislav Square (11 A.M.), Zrinjevac, Ban Jelacic Square (12 noon), Ilica, Frankopanska ulica, Prilaz Gjure Dezelica 4 in front of the Canadian Embassy (12:30 P.M.), Teslina ulica, Masarykova ulica, Zrinjevac, King Tomislav Square
How you can help:
- send by post a letter of support to the ban on import of seal skin into Croatia at the address: Ministry of Culture, Nature Protection Directorate, Savska cesta 41, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
- click here to send an online letter of support for activists who are charged with the filming of seal slaughter in Canada
- click here to send an online protest letter to Prime Minister Harper to Stop the Seal Hunt
- contact the Canadian Embassy in your country with the request to end the seal hunt in Canada
- call your friends and acquaintances to join the protest in Zagreb and do not spare your voice against the killing of animals for fashion
- please answer the questionnaire and express your attitude towards trade in seal products in the EU!
Please support this protest with your online donation. Thank you!